A few days ago a new hotlist with marketing blogs was launched in beta. After Mack’s Top 25 Marketing Blogs which is the classic with 66 weeks of ‘history’ we got Todd And’s Power 150 that was recently ‘acquired’ by AdAge. Everytime I added the whole OPML to my feedreader and everytime I kept a few after the ‘testperiod’, blogs I hadn’t heard about before but that were a good read. There are many marketing related blogs in my reader and I do have my own favorites.
So last week the M20 was launched by Peter Kim. Pete is an analyst of Forrester Research and he started this list as he wanted to list up marketing voices from the client side. No consultants, agency folks, … but marketing representatives.
“So I’m starting a list to highlight the most popular blogs written by client-side marketing professionals. These are people who are doing their brands a favor by engaging customers and prospects in conversation.”
So I sent my blog to Pete and I was actually amazed that I made it to the beta version of the list. I’ve downloaded the OPML as usual and added it to my reader. It was also grea to see 5 blogs from fellow Microsoft colleagues and 4 from fellow Belgians on 31 blogs in the list. And I already got connected (again) to someone because of the list, good to talk to you Tamara.
Here is the list (more on how the listing is made can be found here):
- Listen Up! :: 63. John Porcaro, Group Manager – Online Communications, Microsoft.
- ExperienceCurve :: 61. Karl Long, Web/Social Media Integration Manager, Nokia.
- Strategic Public Relations :: 55. Kevin Dugan, Director of Marketing Communications, FRCH Design.
- Todd And – The Power To Connect :: 48. Todd Andrlik, Director of Marketing and PR, Leopardo Construction.
- Marketing Nirvana :: 46. Mario Sundar, Community Evangelist, LinkedIn.
- Decker Marketing :: 44. Sam Decker, VP Marketing, Bazaarvoice.
- Flooring The Consumer :: Technorati authority = 39. Authored by CB Whittemore, Director of In-Store Innovation, Wear-Dated Carpet Fiber.
- The Marketing Excellence Blog :: 31. Eric Kintz, VP Marketing, Digital Photography & Entertainment, Hewlett-Packard.
- cgm :: 31. Pete Blackshaw, CMO, Nielsen Buzzmetrics.
- Bernaisesource :: 28. Dan Greenfield, VP Corporate Communications, Earthlink.
- Cross The Breeze :: 27. Kris Hoet, Marketing Communications Manager, Microsoft.
- Churbuck.com :: 148. David Churbuck, VP Global Web Marketing, Lenovo.
- Masiguy :: 162. Tim Jackson, Brand Manager, Masi Bicycles.
- AttentionMax :: 153. Max Kalehoff, VP Marketing, Nielsen Buzzmetrics.
- Emerson Process Experts :: 130. Jim Cahill, Marketing Communications Manager, Emerson Process Management.
- BeRelevant! :: 23. Tamara Gielen, Email Marketing Manager – Belgium, eBay.
- Brandopia :: 22. Geert Desager, Trade Marketing Manager, Microsoft.
- Buzz Marketing For Technology :: 21. Paul Dunay, Director of Global Field & Interactive Marketing, BearingPoint.
- Community Group Therapy :: 21. Sean O’Driscoll, General Manager of Community Support and MVP, Microsoft.
- The Client Side :: 21. Michael Seaton, Director – Digital Marketing, Scotiabank.
- “Turbo” Todd Watson :: 20. Todd Watson, IBM software group – web marketing, IBM.
- John Dragoon’s Blog :: 20. John Dragoon, CMO, Novell.
- The HP LaserJet Blog :: 20. Vince Ferraro, VP of Worldwide Marketing – LaserJet BU, HP.
- The Changing Face of Media :: 20. Scott Berg, Worldwide Media Director, HP.
- Marketing Monster :: 19. Michael Morton, Marketing Specialist, Lampo Group.
- Bad idea, indeed :: 18. Philippe Deltenre, Business Development & Strategy Manager, Microsoft.
- The Innovative Marketer :: 18. Steve Gershik, Director of Marketing Innovation, Eloqua.
- Sony Electronics Blog :: 17. Rick Clancy, Head of US Corporate Communications, Sony.
- John Heald’s Blog :: 16. John Heald, Cruise Director, Carnival.
- The Kristasphere :: 16. Krista Summit, Web Marketing Strategist, Lenovo.
- Randy’s Journal :: 15. Randy Tinseth, VP Marketing, Boeing.
Bonuslink: CK just made a list of all female marketing bloggers, yet another hotlist… or is that a hot list ;)