This is kind of funny. I’m registered to getAbstract and got the abstract of this book called “Shut Up, Stop Whining & Get a Life”. Now if you don’t know getAbstract, this is a service that publishes five-page summaries of the best and most relevant business books. according to their website they have about 3.500 summaries available for the moment. (Note: my subscription is paid by my employer.)
You can just search the getAbstract database, or you can get new summaries emailed to you according to the interests you mention in your profile. That’s how I got this one yesterday and since the title of the book is also the subject line of the email, I was suprised.
It says …In this summary you will learn:
- How to stop sucking your thumb and get a real life;
- How to take responsibility for your shortcomings and successes;
- How to maximize your income;
- How to transform poor relationships; and
- How to balance your professional and personal commitments.
Now I’ll go through the summary anyway, but I think I need to change my profile a bit, since I’m very happy with my life, thank you :-)