July 12, 2009

What a ride!

The last 2 months have been kinda crazy. After my last day at  Microsoft, I started jobhunting right away, jobhunting new style that is – using my blog, Twitter, LinkedIn, … and every other network that could help me spread the word. Interestingly enough it all became a bit of an experiment along the way as well, like when I introduced the #hirefriday tag, but nevertheless still a rather unpleasant reality of being unemployed during a crisis. Lucky enough for me things paid off rather quickly and 5-6 weeks after my last day at Microsoft I started working again.

My new home is Duval Guillaume, an idea-centric communications agency with offices in Antwerp and Brussels. Since 3 weeks you can find me in the Brussels office (photo below) as the new head of strategy there. But more on what I’m doing there in future blogposts.

What the office looks like

A lot of people have been very helpful during all those weeks and I’m very thankful for that. I realize I have been pretty silent on this blog during most of that time but we’ll be going to a more regular rhythm again soon. First I need to change a few things here, for one I should really get that self hosting thing going (yeah I know it’s not the first time I talk about this).

About these ads

Join the conversation! 9 Comments

1. Hi Kris,

all the luck at DG! They did a very smart thing hiring you imho, and head of strategy is right up yer alley!
    Rock n roll!

Cheers,
    Steven

2. Hey Kris,

Toffe boîte met toffe mensen, veel succes aldaar!

3. Many congrats Kris and good luck in your new role. And stunning offices! ;-)

4. I got laid off too Kris. Well maybe it’s not the same, since I only worked pretty much part time, and a sandwich sub shop isn’t that major, but it feels pretty sad to me too. They might as well say I’m fired. If only I knew it was coming up, I’d push myself to the extreme to stay in. It was like the best job I could get for myself, and I lost it because of slow business, and a few mistakes. Sigh.

Good to see you’re back in business at least.

5. Great. Enjoy your new challenge.

6. Veel plezier aldaar.

7. Kris, congratulations! I wish you wonderful new challenges. CB

8. Glad to have you with us at DG Kris!!! Cheers :)

9. [...] industry both locally and internationally for the work is just friggin’ awesome! What a good way to celebrate my 3 year anniversary at the agency :-) Rate this:Share this:Like this:LikeBe the first to like this. advertising, creativity, [...]